What it is:
A Buried Penis is the term used when the penis is buried or concealed under abnormal skin and/or fat. In adults, overweight men can have lower belly fat that sags and hides the penis. This is often made worse by a circumcision, as the amount of penile skin is reduced, and by a skin condition called lichen sclerosus.
Its also known as Introverted penis, Hidden penis and Concealed penis.
- A penis that is concealed by fat and skin
- Although of normal size when erect, most of the penis is buried within the soft tissues and does not project outwards to be of use
- Erections may be painful
- Difficulty passing urine as it often collects or sprays
- Lichen sclerosus
- Circumcision or other penile surgery
- Lymphoedema, lymphangitis or hidradenitis
- Corrective surgery using a combination of urological and plastic surgery to remove the fat and skin of the lower abdomen and reconstruct the skin of the penile shaft
Schedule an appointment with us so we can confirm your diagnosis and create an individualised Treatment or Surgical Plan.